User get the following error message when trying to log in to Policy Manager Console:
Cannot connect to server: authorization failed because the specified user credentials are invalid.
This error message appears because you are using either a wrong username or password when logging in.
The default username when logging in to Policy Manager Console is Admin.
The password for the Admin account was set at installation, and if you do not know the correct password for the Admin account, you can reset it by following these steps:
To change the password for any other Policy Manager Console user account, use the following instructions:
- Stop F-Secure Policy Manager Server service
- Open command line prompt as administrator
- Run the reset-admin-account.bat from this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Management Server 5\bin\
- Enter your new password
- Start F-Secure Policy Manager Server service
- Try to log in to Policy Manager Console
- Log in to Policy Manager Console by using the Admin account
- (If needed, reset the password for the set Admin account by using the above instructions)
- To use the setting, in Policy Manager Console select Tools > Users
- To change the password, delete the existing user account
- Recreate the account. This option allows you to configure a new password for the set account
Article no: 000009319