I have installed F-Secure Client Security 14.x and the host is unable to communicate with Policy Manager to download updates. I have re-installed F-Secure Client Security in the host and the issue persists.
This issue is related to missing F-Secure Ultralight services. Proceed to verify if the following F-Secure services are running in services.msc:
If F-Secure Utralight services are missing from the list, the issue is most likely due to the Ultralight not installed properly because of the older version of Client Security. Run the F-Secure uninstallation tool to clean up what was left from the previous installation. Next, remove F-Secure folders and files from Program Files and ProgramData including the F-Secure registry entries from the Registry Editor:
- F-Secure Device Control
- F-Secure Hoster
- F-Secure Hoster (Restricted)
- F-Secure Ultralight Hoster
- F-Secure Ultralight Network Hoster
- F-Secure Ultralight ORSP Client
- F-Secure Ultralight Protected Hoster
Once the uninstallation process completes, proceed to re-install F-Secure Client Security 14.10 on the host to resolve the issue.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Data Fellows - 32bit
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Data Fellows - 64bit
Article no: 000019644