With F-Secure Client Security installed in the host, the Delphi debugger process does not work or crash
We recommend to do the following workaround:
- Add the exclusion for the Delphi software executable (for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin\bds.exe, etc.) in DeepGuard under the Advanced View in the Policy Manager Console:
- F-Secure DeepGuard > Settings > Excluded Applications (using full file path of the Delphi software executable)
- F-Secure DeepGuard > Settings > Applications (using a SHA1 hash of the Delphi software executable)
- If you are using Client Security 13.10 or older, you shall upgrade to the latest Client Security 13.11 and above to allow Excluded Applications to work.
- If you are using Client Security 14.00 - 14.02, we recommend you upgrade to the latest Client Security 14.10 to resolve the issue with exclusions.
- Launch an elevated command prompt and type the following one after another:
- net stop fsulhoster
- net stop "F-Secure gatekeeper"
- Create the following entry below under the registry HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\F-Secure Gatekeeper\Parameters:
- DisableCompanionWait(DWORD) = 1
- In the elevated command prompt, type the following one after another:
- net start "F-Secure gatekeeper", and ensure that the Gatekeeper driver starts successfully.
- net start fsulhoster
- The provided registry change disables a certain optimization in the F-Secure Gatekeeper driver, which are incompatible with software that tries to suspend processes (ie. Delphi debugger).
- This registry key does not alter the enabled features or other functionalities of the F-Secure product.
Article no: 000003035