The RDS Windows sensor does not install. What should I do?
Note: If the operating system is Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2, verify that the KB3033929 Microsoft Security Patch is installed before you install the sensor.
The Windows sensor does not install and the following message appears:
Service 'F-Secure ATP' (fsatps) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services
Follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure that you run the installation as an administrator.
- Check the digital signature of the binary:
fsatpl.exe (the file is located under
%ProgramFiles%\F-Secure\ATP), and select Properties > Digital Signatures.
- In the Signature list, select F-Secure Corporation and click <Details>. The dialog that opens should say The digital signature is OK. If this message is not shown, install the certificates as described below.
- Check that the following certificates are installed in the system and are valid:
To check these certificates:
- DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
- Digicert Assured ID Root CA
- Open the Certificate Management console. You can find this by searching for certificate in Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates.
- Check that both certificates are listed.
- If they are not available or have expired, download them from: https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm