activation code is not accepted

My subscription is valid, but from time to time it stops and I have to put in the activation-code again. Now the code is not accepted. I reinstalled, but did not work.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    It shouldn't 'stop' at any time, unless the subscription expires. I suspect a support ticket will be your best option here, but just double check that the product version you've reinstalled, matches your subscription. You haven't said whether this is SAFE, Internet Security, or whatever, but the licence codes are only valid for one product version.
  • yoshi
    yoshi Posts: 6
    Thank you Simon. It is SAFE and I registered 2 devices. On mysafe, I can see both licences. I requested a support ticket.
  • Simon
    If it's SAFE, then you shouldn't need to enter a subscription code to reinstall, as it should all be done via the SAFE portal.
  • yoshi

App says the subscription is expired.  When I put in the licence key from mysafe, it is not accepted. Should the key in the app be the same like in mysafe?   Because it isn't. 

• Simon
    I think one of us is getting confused (probably me!). When you install or reinstall a product via the MySAFE portal, you shouldn't need an additional licence key, as the licence is held within the portal. What device are you trying to install on, and which product (ie, Internet Security, Mobile Security, etc)?
  • yoshi

I installed F-security SAFE on my mobile phone. After the download from Google playstore I needed to put in a licence key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. Then everything ran fine.  Last week I added a second device (tablet) and got another licence key.  In the past it happened a few times, that the app on my mobile phone stopped and said that the subscribtion was expired. I was asked to put in my licence key again. Then usually it starts again. Since yesterday the key is not accepted. When I go to MYSAFE portal, both devices are shown, with 2 different keys.  Does this make sence? 

• Simon
    OK, well I don't use SAFE on my phone, but if it's listed in your MySAFE portal, is there not a button to install / reinstall where your phone is listed in the portal?
  • Simon
    Right, I've just done this myself. If you go to the MySAFE portal using your phone, login, then click the download icon on the bit where your phone is listed. It then asks for the phone number, and it also gives you the activation code. I think this is what may be being confused with the licence code, as yes, they are different. The activation code may be different for each time you install, but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, once you have that code, then it should be a few more steps to complete the installation.

Sorry for any confusion. This is why we ask members to give us as many non-personal details as they can when posting queries, as it's much easier to give advice with all of the relevent information.
  • yoshi

I've done that already, and tried again now, but doesn't work. Got an error message "transfer of activation key to device not possible [ACTIVATION_TYPE_KEY_ASKED_DURING_ACTIVATION]). Maybe a kind of release is necessary? 

• yoshi

Seems to be a special one :) However,  thank you for taking the time to check. 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info