Frequent Visitor
chrisy76115

Scheduled scan not working since July

Hi does any one now how to fix the scheduled scanner as mine is  not working I have tried an new install over the top and still not working any help pls 

Honored Contributor, Founder
MJ-perComp

Re: Scheduled scan not working since July

Hi,

what product? what version? what Platform? what settings?

try executing c: \<program folder>\F-Secure\anti-virus\fsav.exe  from command line. Does that work?

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Gold Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de
Frequent Visitor
chrisy76115

hi its internet security 2011 on windows vista  home premium  sp 2  i am not to good with computers basic knowledge

F-Secure Care
Frisjo

If you go to the controllpanel and check under Scheduled Tasks is F-secure scanning added here? or is this just blank?

Frequent Visitor
chrisy76115

[ Edited ]

f1.jpgf3.jpgf1.jpg

Hope this is what you are on about as don't no that much about computers  thank you for replying

F-Secure Care
Frisjo

Could you try and for example sett it to do a scan Weekly and wednesday. To see if it will work on selected time tommorrow? And make sure the computer is on at this time. There isent any point of doing a full scan every day, Sence F-secure have a Realtime scanner. Once every week or month should be enough.

What i was asking about is the scheduled taks that you should find under Start - Controllpanel.

Frequent Visitor
chrisy76115

[ Edited ]

f1.jpgf2.jpg

Hi found it  and when I click on it I get an error the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with . Scheduled scanning task and in the list there is no f-secure so I don't no what wrong hopefully you can help  and i have changed it to weekly

Honored Contributor, Founder
MJ-perComp

Hi,

try to remove the task and recreate it using the F-Secure GUI.

Additionaly I see "Ad-Aware" on your system and other duplicate tasks.

AdAware is a kind of malwarescanner as well and is competing for ressources with F-Secure!

Your skype also seems to have problems...

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Gold Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de
F-Secure
jackma

A different user on the internet solved thisproblem by restoring a rescue point of Windows from an earlier date and that fixed the issue.
But I have found something else from the internet, after following the instruction, try to set a new sheduled task in IS2011 (maybe with a different time, just to test).
Here is the guide:
To troubleshoot this issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions.

1. Commonly Task Scheduler task image is located in : C:\Windows\System32\Tasks, please delete related corrupted image in this folder and see if the issue occurs.

2. Delete related registry item in the following location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks

Please locate to related folder with the same ID displayed on the error message, and delete this item.

Note: Pay attention to back up your registry before doing any modification.

Meanwhile, you can also visit the following website on similar issue first.

Task Scheduler task image corrupted
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/f86919c0-6a09-4f08-955a-76084...
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.