Frequent Visitor
vazwaz
Accepted Solution

Is duckduckgo.com a harmful website ?

I am using duckduckgo.com as my default search engine and whenever I click on any links from a duckduckgo search F-Secure Internet Security 2013 issues an alert saying that duckduckgo.com is a harmful site and not to visit the site.
Is duckduckgo actually harmful or is this a false positive message ?
thanks for your help,
Robin

Frequent Visitor
vazwaz

Re: Is duckduckgo.com a harmful website ?

Spoken to support, they seem to think this may be a false positive.

nan
Frequent Visitor
nan

I would very much like a more definite answer to this question as DDG is my main search engine. Is there a problem with DDG or is the problem with F-secure? This could do a lot of harm to DDG's reputation if it is not solved quickly. Thank you.

F-Secure
Victor

Duckduckgo.com has been verified to be clean and the appropriate rating is now updated in F-Secure Browsing Protection. The search results produced by duckduckgo.com should appear correctly from now on.

This was a false positive case.

Regards,
Victor
F-Secure, Product Expert
SeanV

Indeed Victor is right, it is a false positive. Our Malware team has verified that Duckduckgo.com is harmless and we have updated the cloud. The search results produced by duckduckgo.com should appear correctly from now on.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Sean Veloo

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

nan
Frequent Visitor
nan

Thank you very much for the speedy reply and action. Cheers all.

Accepted Solution (by SeanV)

Indeed Victor is right, it is a false positive. Our Malware team has verified that Duckduckgo.com is harmless and we have updated the cloud. The search results produced by duckduckgo.com should appear correctly from now on.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Sean Veloo

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.