F-Secure, Product Expert
Jayson

Re: F-Secure and Internet Explorer 11 incompatibility

Hello,

All feedbacks and comments given are highly appreciated, these are very important to us and surely will guide toward our improvements.

@descot,

My apologies for the reckless comment without fully understand the event, I have made a correction on it. Please check your inbox for private message.

@grumpy,

It is not recommended to disable "Enhanced Protection Mode", please see comments given above.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Trusted Contributor
Rusli

Hi

I have submitted my reports to F-Secure Beta Team Finland.

Hope they received my reports.

I have include and notify that IE 10 (windows 7) and IE 11 (windows 8.1) crashes to F-Secure Beta Team.

Honored Contributor
Blackcat

F-Secure is not the only AV having problems with IE 11; Webroot, Bitdefender, Kaspersky and Symantec have all reported incompatibilities.

This may suggest that Microsoft had some late or last minute changes that may have broken the compatibility patches some companies already coded?

I know that with Webroot for example it was working with the pre-release versions but something changed with the final build.

Advisor
descot

In one way it's reassuring that it is not only F-Secure experiencing the problem. Hopefully, a fix is on the way. If it is going to take time, then, as metioned earlier, the advertising on compatibility should be changed.

Frequent Visitor
starbuy

I have just installed F-secure and hit the self same problems exactly as described. I have used many security packages and this is the first one that has ever been thrown out becuase it was incompatible, despite its claimed compatability with windows 8. Most people have/will install 8.1 and most will i suspect vote with their feet for a security package that works not one that might work several months in the future. You were lucky getting a technician I waited but noone one came. Another reason to dump this.

Honored Contributor
Blackcat

If you read the thread carefully, F-Secure, like most other AVs, is compatible with the OS 8.1, just not compatible with IE11.

Can you name any of your security packages that are fully compatible with IE11?

Just to take 4 examples; Norton, Kaspersky, Webroot and Avast are still not fully compatible with IE11, so F-Secure is not the only one. 

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Windows-8-1-with-IE11-browser-Norton-...

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=276792&hl=Internet+explorer+11

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=355020

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=137617.0

Frequent Visitor
starbuy

I have been using Mc Afee on trial with no problems whatsoever. Are you being selective in the ones you are choosing.

Trusted Contributor
Rusli

[ Edited ]

Hi descot,

Can you look for a file name in the Internet Explorer directory called iediagcmd.exe.

Double click on that and zip the file to F-Secure Technical Support.

See if F-Secure can help you on that.

Also do a F-Secure Diagnostic Run Support Tool. Send that file to them as well. (fsdiag.zip)

Better still if you have a Internet Explorer Event Viewer in your Windows. Save and zip the file and send to F-Secure as well.

Advisor
descot

Hi Rusli,

I am not sure how to take your request. Is your compatibility problem with IE 11 solved?

My understanding of the issue is:

- that F-Secure are fully aware there is a fault in the software that needs to be fixed by an update.

- that this efffects everyone working with IE 11 on Windows 8.1

- that they are able to reproduce this in their Labs and are working on a fix

- that there will be an update to fix the problem in the first part of November 

I like using F-Secure and that is the reason I have not jumped ship so far. However, this is a serious issue on two accounts: it is a significant loss of protection, which F-Secure advertises as one of its key strengths, and 8.1 compatibility is still being claimed, and most people think of IE as belonging to Windows. 

So, I will hang on for another week or so but, thereafter, if there is no fix, I will seek a refund and look elsewhere.

Honored Contributor
Blackcat

Simon one of the Trusted Contributors here reported today that the beta/TR of F-SEcure IS was now compatible with IE 11.

I do not use IE11 but have confirmed that the full version appears now to be working correctly with IE11; the Online Safety plugin now functions correctly.

You can confirm that your system is working correctly by;

1.Trying to access the following site; http://unsafe.fstestdomain.com/ 

Capture 2 .GIF

2. Check the online ratings system is working properly by searching with BING for words such as cracks/warez; you should then see a mixture of green, yellow and red site ratings;

Capture 3 .GIF

3. You could try some of the check tests here at AMTSO; http://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check.html