Bubble Dock

How can I get rid of Bubble Dock? I don't know where it came from and it has a nasty way of stopping you uninstaling it. It has it's own "uninstall" programme that seems to be worse than itself! I'm not sure how it got past F-Secure.

Any ideas?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello VictoryBell,

In order to assist you with the removal of Bubble Dock, please submit a sample to our lab.

Be sure to include an message in the corresponding field.

Thank you.

• Kimcaf
    Kimcaf Posts: 2

@VictoryBell wrote:

How can I get rid of Bubble Dock? I don't know where it came from and it has a nasty way of stopping you uninstaling it. It has it's own "uninstall" programme that seems to be worse than itself! I'm not sure how it got past F-Secure.

Any ideas?

It's a beast to get rid of.  I tried all the recommendations I could find online, and found that even when it was stopped via task manager it just restarted itself.  In the end I rebooted into Safe Mode, then removed under Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove programs.  I'm not a frequent user of Safe Mode, but if I'm ever unlucky enough to get something this persistently difficult to remove would certainly try it again.

• Kimcaf
    Kimcaf Posts: 2

I had tried some of the recommended 'cleaners' and it just crashed them, so it was a last resort going into Safe Mode,- all seems well and clear today but I've taken your / Blackcat's advice as well as I don't want to get into this position again.  It all began when I was trying to Download Avast Anti-Virus, I've no idea how I ended up with the other rubbish, and whilst not an expert I am not a novice either.  It is galling that it couldn't be stopped or disabled, it just kept returning like a cyber Zombie. 

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Good! It might have been a malicious download version, or maybe some option to install additional stuff that you didn't uncheck.

Unfortunately most people need to first get a nasty difficult-to-remove infection before taking more security precautions.

In addition to the previous suggestions I recommend scanning all new software before installing or executing on the multi-engine https://www.virustotal.com/  You can also scan URL's there.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard is another good service to check a websites reputation.

• Bubble Dock is classified as a potentially unwanted adware program that offers access to news, games, Facebook, email, web TV, RSS, YouTube videos, shortcuts, apps, podcast and many more by clicking on your desktop. Once it gets installed on your system you can see a dynamic bar at the top of the screen and you can also notice that there are pop-up windows of Bubble Duck.

Usually this virus program comes bundled with free applications from the internet with free softwares, videos, system utilities. When you download and install these free applications you may need to install the Bubble Dock on your system. For example when you download and other unknown program that gets installed together with the software while clicking on I Agree or Accept button during installation setup.

To remove this Bubble Duck or any other similar kind of threats then you can look for the manual instructions and scans from : http://www.combatpcviruses.com

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info