When the remote Anti-Theft is turned on, you can send an SMS that contains your lock or wipe code to your device to lock it or to wipe all information in it.
The locked device can be unlocked only with your lock code. If you wipe the device, the application deletes all the information stored in the device memory.
Note: As memory cards can be easily removed, store your confidential information in the device memory that you can lock and wipe with Anti-Theft.
Setting up remote Anti-Theft
To set up remote Anti-Theft:
- Browse to Settings and press the selection key.
- Select Anti-theft in the settings selection list.
- If you want to be able to lock your device remotely, follow these instructions:
- Enter a Lock code if you have not created it yet.
- Turn on Remote lock.
- If you want to be able to wipe your device remotely, follow these instructions:
- Enter a Wipe code. The wipe code needs to be at least 8 characters long. Store it in a safe place.
- Turn on Remote wipe.
For more information about how to lock the device remotely, see article Locking your Symbian device remotely.
For more information about how to delete all the information stored on the device, see article Wiping your Symbian device remotely.