Hi, I bought F-secure for two years +3 months for 99,99 euros. Paid directly from our netbank. Succseed. About a week later we checked  netbank and had to think hard what had I bought from PAYTRAIL and it's message CLEVERBRIDGE. F-Secure wasn't mentioned anywhere. Everything was ok when I finally figured out what I had bought, but my mom ('cos I'm 17 and bought F-secure to all of us at home) almost got a heart attack (not literally). So my point is it would be really nice if F-Secure was mentioned on netbank. What if someone granny buys F-Secure and then freaks out because of Paytrail? 

Sorry for my bad english Smiley Very Happy

- Nipsu

Finland 

Comments

• MargosDezerian
    MargosDezerian Posts: 113 Enthusiast

LOL they will not show always which product you bought,they will more often show from which company or payment processor.

• DaveK
    DaveK Posts: 3 New Member

I'm with Virgin Media UK and they put me with F-Secure last year. I recently renewed at the discount price of £25.

On checking my credit card account last night saw there was a pending payment (£25) "Recurring Transaction" - location 'Cologne'.

I did not authorise any Recurring Transaction. Cologne meant nothing to me. Called the credit card fraud department and was informed the merchant is 'CleverBridge'- which I know is F-Secure.

Discovered that 'Recurring Transaction' is an authority for a supplier to take however much they want, when they want from your account.

Very sharp practice. Have emailed F-Secure directing them to stop this unauthorised action. I'll decide when, and if I'll renew. I'll see if the bank can stop this type of fiddle on my account. There's a particularly nastly outfit, 'Shoppers Rewards and Discounts which is famous for it.

Your English is  very good. (Better then my Finnish).

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    As I mentioned in another thread, I believe there is an option in your My Safe portal account settings, to turn off auto-renewal, but I'm not sure if this need to be done at the time of the purchase. Waiting for someone from F-Secure to confirm.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info