Windows activation and missing display drivers problems

Hello all beta users!

We have received multiple reports of Windows starting to require activation and/or missing display drivers after reboot. We are investigating the problem but so far no breakthrough with it.

If you run into these problems, please submit a bug report to us with support tool output. We need all possible data to pinpoint the cause for this problem.

We take this problem seriously and are working on it as high priority issue.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Hi Ville,

I'm glad this has been recognised. I will send in my report this evening as not near the PC until then.

Cheers,

Simon.

P. S. I did a system restore this morning and that seemed to resolve the graphics issue.
  • Drazen
    Drazen Posts: 1

Hi, I'm a beta user

After installing fs protection resulting problems with .dll files, drivers and windows activation. My Windows 8.1 was totally ruined. He went into a loop and was not helped by the Windows repair. On Windows 7 Professional reported lack of DLLs, but helped restore the system. Not repaired search problem activating Windows after each reboot. On Windows 7 Home Premium firing drivers do not work softkey until reinstalled driver that is already properly installed and requires the activation of Windows after each reboot. Fix this as soon as possible. All my computers are not working properly after installing fs protection.

Hello again.

We have identified the problem and are working on the fix. We will leave our internal tests running over the weekend and if everything goes well, will release the fix on Monday.

We do not need any more reports about this problem for now.

The problem only happens when shutting down Windows takes a long time. If you are affected, you can avoid this problem by stopping "fshoster" service before shutting down Windows.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I can't say I've noticed a slower than usual shutdown, and I've had no problems since my System Restore.

Hopefully the fix will put things right. :)
This discussion has been closed.