ULAV fresh news(Banking Protection)

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi all!

This afternoon we released an update to Ultralight that enables a new feature: Banking Protection.

This is how it works. Our product will display a dialog when you arrive at an online banking site. Presence of this dialog indicates that a secure session has been activated. While active, this session prevents network connections from your computer to sites other than the online banking site. Once you are done with your banking activities you can end the session by interacting with the dialog.

You can disable the feature from the main UI by clicking the "Disable Banking Protection" button in any banking protection related event.

This update also fixes a few minor UI bugs. We plan to make more UI changes down the road.

Please let us know what you think of this new feature!

Thanks!

--andy

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

With second update... Banking Protection start be work with my experience too.

But a little be strange design around "allow URL'. Or it's not work, or it's not work "right now"... or it's work just partly about something.

Also a little be strange about "another PID" for browser. Or it's ignored (for statistics) or it's normally goes to blocked connection (for statistics-informaiton too).

Also...

"from your computer to sites other than the online banking site"

Does it include "connections" under browser? Or there same design with F-Secure IS/FS Protection, where allowed connection for safe sites (with browser-use or maybe with any design of connection).

Such as.. not sure.. that something as example / ff .fi / will be page.. which related about online banking.

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

Hello,

I think it is impotant to allow printing during the e-banking session, even if the printer is Wifi or ethernet connected.

It should also be possible to work with 2 or 3 e-banking sites simultaneously. I mean user moves a part of his/her funds from High Hidden Costs Bank to Minimal Interests Paid Bank, online. He / she should be able to see the money depart, then arrive without having to shuffle the Banking Protection off and on.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

Hi

Back to ULAV on Windows 10074 x64: works like a charm, no UI freezes any longer, banking prot not operationnal: no dialog box, openning other url simultaneously without any sign ULAV banking prot is acting...

• Fuzz
    Fuzz Posts: 22

I got a bunch of websites in banking protection and they were from the bank. I allowed them all but still unable to connect. Something about a certificate problem. Also windows security is telling me no AV is installed. Is this normal?

• Vulp
    Vulp Posts: 2 Observer

Could somebody who runs Windows 10 build 10074 confirm that ULAV makes spartan crash or it is just on my pc?

• yeoldfart

no it does not, but ulav does crash due to open gl depending apps, here: gtx 970 352.63 geforce drivers

update: uninstalled, reinstalled, now banking prot works

• yeoldfart

using Norton security for over a week (I need a reliable protection on W10 TP 10074) : totally compatible and effective, hurry up men !

• qroonqroon
    qroonqroon Posts: 3 New Member

I think that the authors say is very right, especially the views of the author close to our daily life.So we can go to the:<a href="http://www.rsgpfast.com/">Cheap Runescape Gold</a> or <a href="http://www.rsgpfast.com/RS-3.Gold">RS3 Gold</a> for study more.

• qroonqroon
    qroonqroon Posts: 3 New Member

In my opinion, the author's idea is advisable.I will make advertisement freely for your post,recommend it to my frields.But you can also click here for read.[URL=http://www.rsgpfast.com/]Buy RS Gold[/URL] and [URL=http://www.rsgpfast.com]Cheap Runescape Gold[/URL]

• yeoldfart

is ulav dead and gone ?

• [Deleted User]

Hi!

Sorry for the radio silence. We have been working on a bunch of under-the-hood changes in ULAV, and just pushed out a largeish update. The update included bug fixes and compatibility for Windows 10.

Right now, we're working on getting a 32-bit version of the product ready, and this has been taking up a lot of our time.

Given that summer is almost upon us, things might slow down a bit, but rest assured, we're still hard at work on ULAV. We have a fairly long backlog of features we're planning on adding and hope to get to them in the autumn. A lot of what we'll be doing is working on the cloud scanning end-to-end service in order to improve performance and detection capabilities in ULAV.

Part of the point of ULAV is to provide protection to the user's system as invisibly as possible, and hence most of our updates deal with protection improvements which are not visible as UI changes.

Bottom line: ULAV is far from dead :)

• yeoldfart

gee ! good to see you back :) do you mean a new rls is availble ?

• [Deleted User]

We will release a new installer once we add 32-bit support. The installer will change from a 64-bit executable  to a 32-bit executable and it will automatically install ULAV based on your CPU architecture.

All other updates to ULAV are automatic and in the background. Basically, once you have it installed, you get everything new without having to do anything.

• yeoldfart

thank you Andy, nice to read you

• yeoldfart

some news: hydra update from today afternoon requested rig reboot, after 2 reboots was still requesting another one, showed red icon in taskabar. My solution: uninstalled, clean installed... and that did it.

23 Posts: 31 Explorer

What's going on with ULAV? Did you give up on it? Smiley Sad

Anyone here?

I guess it's dead...

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

Hello,

Please note: in scandinavian countries, like Finland, almost everybody is on holiday for the whole summer and out in the countryside, because there isn't much sunshine during the autumn, winter and spring seasons at higher latitudes. Thus, you cannot realistically expect a 15-minute reply window from F-Secure's Helsinki office before the school year starts.

Best regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• yeoldfart

to all impatient people; never forget it's a beta therefore you are not supposed to fully rely on it for AV protection,  second all components keep on being updated regularly as they should from F6S data bases.

So just sit back and relax, don't fret you're well protected even now :)

Who said I rely on it? I don't.

• [Deleted User]

@etomcat

Yep, this is pretty much the case. Most of us have been on vacation at various times during the last two months. I just got back this morning, myself.

Ultralight AV beta is a project our small team are working on, in addition to supporting all of F-Secure's other AV products. Often, requests and fixes for those paid products come in and require our time. As you can imagine, those requests are typically a lot more important for our business than this beta, and hence take priority. As a reminder, the Ultralight AV beta program is being used currently for technology validation. We work on it when we can (and as much as we can).

Saying that, we do have a 32-bit version in the works (as I might have already mentioned) that we're close to being able to release. I'll fire another message onto these forums when that's available. I hope we can get that to you in the next few weeks.

Thanks so much for all your feedback to date and for your continued patience!

--andy

• yeoldfart

welcome back to whole team :) I hope you enjoyed your holydays, btw from when do you consider to be in "winter" ?

friendly yours

• nuclearxp
    nuclearxp Posts: 6 New Member

Is there a document or site that elaborates more on this?

What benefits is this adding that isn't already mitigated by SSL communications? Is this a temporary VPN session thing? Are there "other" things going on?

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Waiting for the 32 version release

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Another thing is the feed bcak function in the GUI: I don't have just web mail and have not yet figured how get to that with the feedback which tries to open WIndows mail, but does not give the mail address.

• yeoldfart

What I dream of: ULAV resizable, less transparency, integration of Freedome, all this would be called: F-Secure protection power pack...

BTW still running fine on any W10 preview, currently 10547., any new news about next rls ?

• yeoldfart

seems to be in deep sleep... catatonic ?

had to leave.

• [Deleted User]

Hi yeoldfart, 

Sorry for the long radio silence.

I'll try to get more information for our community.

• mif
    mif Posts: 1 New Member

Когда будет хорошая новость? Он Пусть деревья расцвели! Христос воскрес !
This discussion has been closed.