Re-installing needed to get back to Espoo server.

Reijo61
Reijo61 Posts: 13 New Member

I was facing constant jamming of connection to Espoo server last week. First it was possible to solve it by just restarting the freedome. But then I was not able to get to Finland anymore even with another vpn service. Re-installing did regain connection. BUT the problem reoccured daily and now I can not get the code to work after installing anymore, but I just get an error message, "Could not verify your code. Please try again later.".

I must say I am very disappointed to the to the quality of service with freedom and I need to get it back workin fast or I want my money back.

I hope I am now in the right place for customer dervice for Freedome, because this really looks like something else for me.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Reijo,

Could you provide more details on the thread about the connections from Espoo location?  Which devices are affected, time at which the problems occur.

Reinstallation shouldn't be a necessary first step for that kind of problem, when the other locations are reachable.

If other VPN services were affected as you mentioned , might not be related to Freedome directly.

PS: I sent you a Private message on this topic.

• Tehfcae
    Tehfcae Posts: 107 Contributor
    What type of devices are you using?
  • Reijo61

After I got new activation for the Freedom, the problem has changed. Now I got first a good 5M speed with my 10m Orange France connection. But the speed then starts to slow down gradually and ends up with 0.4M. That is then too low for wathing Yle areena and I promised my family they can watch it when I bought the service. Swithin the protection off does jam the whole Freedom connection now. After swithing the protection on again causes complete cut off for the internet connection.

Is there somethin that is damaged in FreedomeVPNConnection? I was earlier able to regain the connetion by selecting removing that connection, but that did not wark anymore and I tried re-installing. This morning I was able to regain the connection by removing FreedomeVPNConnection and retarting the PC. It is clear, that restarting a windows 7 PC is far too slow operation to be used frequently.

Freedome is not able to reconstruct FreedomeVPNConnection after it has been removed, but it seem, that CyberGhost5 does somehow reconstruct FreedomeVPNConnection also, when it reconstructs its own connection, but it does not fix the problems anymore as it did for awhile for some unknown reason. It is possible, the if Freedome would check FreedomeVPNConnection and reconstruct it, at least if it is not found and also meybe if network connetion is tried and failed it could fix the problem.

I am using a Compac presario CQ61 with Windows 7. My wife has a Windows 8 laptop, which has worked so far properly, even if the connetion is slow like 0,8M.

• Reijo61

I use http://www.bandwidthplace.com/ for networks peed measuring. The speed was now 3M and it was 7M 19 minutes ago, when I sterted to write the previous post.

• Reijo61

Problems are still as bad and connection to Espoo is slow or not existing. I think you are not able to reach a level of service for a paid service. It is not acceptable to not be able to connect. I see no alternative than to insist money return, because I must buy the vpn service from an other operator, which is able to provide.

I was stupid enough to select f-secure, bcause it has for some reason a good reputation at least in Finland.

• Tehfcae
    Tehfcae Posts: 107 Contributor

This issue sounds more like network fluxiation from your internet provider. F-secure like every other VPN providers will slow internet speeds by around 60%, I have seen it range from 45%-75%. You may be on what is called a party line. This is very common for ISPs. This means that you share a network cable with your neighbors and their network usage effects yours. It may also be that your ISP is not providing the internet speeds you pay for.

This issue may also stem from your router and it's placement. Piping from toliets, bathtubs, and faucets can mess with wi-fi. Things like Microwaves and radios can cause noise that disturb the signal.  

• Reijo61

Can not see how your explanation could be true, because I get continously >10M without VPN all the time. 1M is enough to watch yle teema and 2M would be just great. So vpn slowing from 10M to 1M would be accepted, even if it would be a disppointment.

• [Deleted User]

Hello Reijo61,

We are aware of some issues on the Espoo virtual location and we are working on adding more capacity as soon as we can.

• Reijo61

Thenk you very much for the information. We are heading to Finland soon and I will not unfortunately be able to test how it works from here. I hope the capacity adding solves all the problems, but I would also consider at leat reconstruction of connection objects in case orf error in startup rather than just error announcement and enablin of re-installation.

• Reijo61

And we will be back here in october.

• [Deleted User]

Hello Reijo61,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass it on.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info