How can I move from Online Backup to younited?

Question

Answer

Online Backup will reach its end of life on 30th of June 2014. Current users of Online Backup will be contacted and invited to start using our brand new product younited. Please follow the steps below on how to stop using Online Backup and start using younited.

To move from Online Backup to younited

1. All the data that you have backed up with Online Backup is already present on your computer, in other words, it's being mirrored to Online Backup, and you don't need to download any files. However, if you must restore your backup to another computer or Mac where Online Backup is not yet installed, do as follows:
    a) Install Online Backup.
    b) Select the backup point to restore.
    c) Click Restore to start your data restoration.
    More information from: Restoring backed up files.
  2. Create a younited account at http://www.younited.com/ (if you don’t already have one).
  3. Download and install younited apps. There are apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS 7 and Windows phone 8.
  4. Set up the same folders to be uploaded to younited as what you had backed up to Online Backup.
  5. When your files are visible in younited, uninstall Online Backup.
    Note: When the Online Backup service is shut down, your files are deleted automatically, and no-one will ever see them. There's no need to delete them manually from Online Backup. Doing so may take hours or even days and is not recommended.

For the Online Backup user's guide, click here.

This article in other languages:
Finnish, Swedish, German, French, Japanese, Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish

(12,671 Views)

Contributors